The kitchen always experiences a lot of action in the home. As such, it’s a big advantage for every household to have it renovated so that there’ll be an improvement in the way most activities are carried out.
Nowadays, there are many ways to ensure this advantage, such as making the most use of space by integrating space-saving solutions that can do multiple things; with the right renovation company, all these can easily be incorporated into the new kitchen design.
If you’re looking for kitchen design ideas to beautifully and creatively make over this very important space, here are five to inspire you.
- Direct your attention toward the ceilings of your kitchen. Improving lighting is one thing you can do to make them most useful; another is to hang storage solutions from them. Most of the time, the ceilings are totally forgotten, but if you have a small kitchen, be sure to explore its potential for improved illumination and organisation. You can have pot racks attached to the ceiling; it’ll be so much easier to get the cooking pans and pots you need especially, if you have the racks installed near the stove.
- Create an island if you don’t have much counter space. It can be a sturdy table with built-in storage (that can still be moved around or taken out of the kitchen if you need more space); it will function as an extra food preparation area (some thick hardwood-topped tables can serve as a chopping block, actually) and an informal dining area.
- If you’re tired of the old look of hardwood floors, consider having them painted with patterns. This strategy will not only enhance the look of your floors but it can likewise conceal imperfections. You’ll be amazed at how newly painted floors can change the overall appeal of your kitchen. It’s important to mention as well that painting floors may make them easier to clean.
- Open door upper storage units can be used to replace wall-to-wall cabinetry. These storage units can hold everything from kitchen ingredients to plates for dining. The advantage with these integrations is that they are much more accessible and they do have a really unique appearance.
- Change the seating. Stools are perfect for the kitchen because they provide a lot of movement. There are bar height models that are compact, study, and light to move around. Also, some come really cheaply even if they have a fancy design to complement the design of the space, so they’re easy to accommodate into the budget.